Apple Puff Pancakes
This is a pretty simple recipe that tastes great! It isn’t too sweet and has a nice custard flavor. The Granny Smith Apples give it a perfect tartness for your breakfast.
- 10.5" cast iron skillet
- mixing bowl
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb butter
- 2 granny smith apples washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until blended. If using a mixer, batter will remain slightly lumpy.
- Melt butter in a 10" cast iron skillet in oven. Add apples to baking dish and return to oven until butter sizzles. Do not let brown.
- Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until completely puffed and brown. Serve immediately.