Apple Puff Pancakes
This is a pretty simple recipe that tastes great! It isn’t too sweet and has a nice custard flavor. The Granny Smith Apples give it a perfect tartness for your breakfast.
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Total Time 45 Minutes
- Calories 345 kcal
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, mild, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until blended. The batter will have some small lumps.
- Melt butter in a 10" cast iron skillet in the oven. Add apples to skillet and return to oven until butter sizzles. Do not let it brown.
- Remove skillet from oven and immediately pour batter over apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until completely puffed and brown. Serve immediately.
The puff will get smaller it cools, this is normal. You can try with other fillings or with no fillings at all. Great topped with syrups or jams!